Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups apple cider
- 8 cups sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Combine first 5 ingredients, and rub oregano mixture over chicken. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken thighs, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Add cider to skillet, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Bring to a boil; cook until reduced to 1 cup (about 3 minutes). Remove 1/2 cup reduced cider from skillet; set aside.
- Add cabbage and remaining ingredients to skillet; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 5 minutes or until cabbage wilts.
- Return chicken thighs to skillet, nestling them into cabbage mixture; add reserved 1/2 cup reduced cider. Cover and cook over medium-low heat 30 minutes or until chicken is done.