Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Eat it on a sandwich, in a wrap, or right off your plate. This light, crunchy, sweet-savory chicken salad is full of fresh herb flavor - and nutrients just right for a pregnant woman and her developing baby.
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, minced
- 2 cups red seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, very thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper to taste. Chill. Serve as a sandwich on multigrain bread with lettuce or on top of a bed of fresh field greens.
- You can substitute almonds or pecans for the walnuts as well as mix in any of your favorite herbs for a flavor that suits you. If you don't have fresh herbs available, dry ones will work too.