This is my favorite recipe to make for guests in the summer. It is light and flavorful! We used to have a lemon tree at our old home, and the trick was to find as many things to use up lemons as possible.
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 8 thin lemon slices
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Flatten the chicken to ¼-inch thickness.
- Lightly coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray; dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Meanwhile, sauté lemon slices in pan.
- Add lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add pepper and garlic to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Lightly spoon sauce over chicken. Goes well with pasta.