1/1 Photo of Herbed Chicken Piccata
This is my favorite recipe to make for guests in the summer. It is light and flavorful! We used to have a lemon tree at our old home, and the trick was to find as many things to use up lemons as possible.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1Combine first 5 ingredients in a plastic bag.
- 2Flatten the chicken to ¼-inch thickness.
- 3Lightly coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray; dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Melt margarine in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- 5Cook chicken 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- 6Meanwhile, sauté lemon slices in pan.
- 7Add lemon juice and chicken broth.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9Add pepper and garlic to taste.
- 10Garnish with parsley.
- 11Lightly spoon sauce over chicken. Goes well with pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Chicken Piccata
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.8
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 448.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 20.3 g