Recipe by WendyinGermany
From Cooking Light We haven't had a "bad" recipe from Cooking Light yet and this was no exception. The only change I made was that I dredged the chicken in flour instead of breadcrumbs. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
This was so delicious. The herbs and lemon flavoring really went together quite well. We really enjoyed this lovely dish. Thank you for sharing your recipe, WendyInGermany. Made for Spring 2012 Pick-A-Chef.
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 8 thin lemon slices
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Lightly coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray; dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep warm. Add lemon slices to skillet; sauté 30 seconds. Add broth, parsley, and lemon juice; cook 1 minute. Spoon sauce over chicken.