From Cooking Light We haven't had a "bad" recipe from Cooking Light yet and this was no exception. The only change I made was that I dredged the chicken in flour instead of breadcrumbs. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did.
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 8 thin lemon slices
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Lightly coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray; dredge chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt margarine in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside; keep warm. Add lemon slices to skillet; sauté 30 seconds. Add broth, parsley, and lemon juice; cook 1 minute. Spoon sauce over chicken.