Recipe by DDW
I found this recipe many years ago in a Cooking Light magazine and it is my husband's favorite pasta dish. It's quick and easy, low cal and low fat too. We are garlic lovers and usually add 3 cloves of garlic to the dish. A green salad and french bread make a super meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, mince (I add more!)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms,onion, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt, basil, and pepper; saute 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add tomato; saute 2 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve over hot pasta; sprinkle with cheese.