I found this recipe many years ago in a Cooking Light magazine and it is my husband's favorite pasta dish. It's quick and easy, low cal and low fat too. We are garlic lovers and usually add 3 cloves of garlic to the dish. A green salad and french bread make a super meal. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, mince (I add more!)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine (cooked)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add mushrooms,onion, and garlic; saute 2 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt, basil, and pepper; saute 5 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Add tomato; saute 2 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve over hot pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
This is one of our favorite recipes also. Yummy,quick, easy! Thanks for sharing it!
Great way to use leftover cooked chicken. Also used diced canned tomatoes instead of fresh. Fast and healthy, what more would you want?
I loved how healthy this dish was with fresh ingredients...plus it's quick enough for a week-night meal. My husband wasn't crazy about it, but I liked it more the next day for lunch after the flavors melded. Thanks!