Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This came from Cooking Light. I think it's restaurant quality. I usually serve over orzo with baby carrots.
- 78.07 ml grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided (1 1/2 ounces)
- 59.14 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 1.23 ml salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 453.59 g chicken breast tenders
- 14.79 ml butter
- 354.88 ml bottled spaghetti sauce
- 9.85 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 78.07 ml shredded provolone cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- Preheat broiler Combine 2 tablespoons Parmesan, breadcrumb, parsley, basil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in shallow dish.
- Place egg white in a shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken tender in egg white, dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, cook 3 minutes on each site or until done. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, spaghetti sauce, vinegar and pepper in a microwave safe bowl.
- cover with plastic wrap, vent.
- Microwave mixture at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Pour over chicken in pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining Parmesan and provolone cheese.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
I believe I have been making this same delicious recipe. I got it from a newspaper article, which stated it was from Cooking Light Italian (2006). The recipe I have, though, uses 1 1/3 cups of fresh parmesan cheese rather than 1/3 cup. I also use 1 1/2 cups bottled fat-free tomato basil pasta sauce and it is delish!
This has become one of our families favorite dishes. It is so fast and easy to make. After I cook the chicken, I just add Prego to the pan and melt the cheese in the oven.