This came from Cooking Light. I think it's restaurant quality. I usually serve over orzo with baby carrots.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups bottled spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1Preheat broiler Combine 2 tablespoons Parmesan, breadcrumb, parsley, basil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in shallow dish.
- 2Place egg white in a shallow dish.
- 3Dip each chicken tender in egg white, dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Add chicken, cook 3 minutes on each site or until done. Set aside.
- 6Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, spaghetti sauce, vinegar and pepper in a microwave safe bowl.
- 7cover with plastic wrap, vent.
- 8Microwave mixture at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 9Pour over chicken in pan.
- 10Sprinkle evenly with remaining Parmesan and provolone cheese.
- 11Wrap handle of pan with foil broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Chicken Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 787.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 32.8 g