Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This came from Cooking Light. I think it's restaurant quality. I usually serve over orzo with baby carrots.
- 1⁄3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese, divided (1 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups bottled spaghetti sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup shredded provolone cheese (1 1/2 ounces)
- Preheat broiler Combine 2 tablespoons Parmesan, breadcrumb, parsley, basil and 1/8 teaspoon salt in shallow dish.
- Place egg white in a shallow dish.
- Dip each chicken tender in egg white, dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, cook 3 minutes on each site or until done. Set aside.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, spaghetti sauce, vinegar and pepper in a microwave safe bowl.
- cover with plastic wrap, vent.
- Microwave mixture at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Pour over chicken in pan.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining Parmesan and provolone cheese.
- Wrap handle of pan with foil broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.