Recipe by VickyJ
I am going to post this recipe for a single serving. I think it's easier that way if you want to expand on it. This is very simple and a delicious way to have things cook together for flavor, and it saves a lot of time and doing dishes. I do this a lot with many things. When I first started with this preparation was by going camping in the past, and the idea grew on me....been doing it ever since.
Top Review by lauralie41
A great meal Vicky, thank you! I used one pound of chicken breast tenderloins and a 12 ounce bag of frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. Baked in the oven for about 1 1/2 hours, the chicken was moist and the veges were tender crisp! Served with brown rice and enjoyed!
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 -2 cup frozen vegetables
- salt and pepper
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Marinate chicken in zip bag with Italian dressing for at least 1 hour. It's better longer.
- Cut chicken in chunks.
- In a bowl toss chicken with herbs, salt-n-pepper to taste.
- On a large piece of HEAVY-DUTY foil (that will fit the chicken and veggies, wrapped), put the chicken and veggies side-by-side in the middle. Bring ends in and fold over chicken and vegetables. Take the top pieces together and fold over but not right down on chicken/veggies. Poke a few holes to allow steam to escape.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve with hot cooked rice, if desired.