Recipe by Chef Joey Z.
Though this recipe took a bit of time to prepare, I thought it was pretty simple to do. Especially since you can buy puff pastry already made.
- 4 organic boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1⁄4 cup soy coffee creamer
- 1 (8 ounce) container soy cream cheese (herb and garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom (chopped fine)
- 1⁄4 cup marsala wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Chop fine and saute in the margarine.
- Take the puff pastry out of the freezer and set to thaw for about 30 minutes.
- Soon as the mushrooms are slightly soft, add the chicken breasts and saute until browned on either side.
- Remove the chicken and set on a plate. Add the marsala to the mushrooms in the saute pan and reduce until most of the wine is gone.
- Pour the wine and mushrooms over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to cool down. Note: You can store these for about 24 hours in the fridge also.
- Open the puff pastry and take one sheet and on a floured board roll the dough to a 14" x 14" square. Cut evenly into four pieces.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese on each of the squares. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of the parsley and put a chicken breast on top of each prepared square.
- Brush the edges of each square with the soy creamer and fold the pastry over the chicken to form a packet. Seal the edges well. Place seam side down on a parchment lined pan and brush with the soy creamer.
- Bake 25 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Serve with your favourite veggies or salad.
- Bon Appetit!