Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Cliped this off the Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry box years ago. This is a very impressive dish that is easy to make.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 0.5 (17 ounce) package puff pastry sheets, frozen (1 sheet)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 ounces garlic & herb spreadable cheese, Alouette
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper if desired. Melt butter in skillet. Add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken. Cover and refrigerate 15 minute or up to 24 hours.
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minute Mix egg and water. Preheat oven to 400*F.
- Unfold pastry on lightly flourd surface. foll into 14" square and cut into 4(7") squares. Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cheese spread in center of each square. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon parsley and top with cooled chicken. Brush edges of squares with egg mixture. Fold each corner to center on top of chicken and seal edges. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
This is a unique and delicious way to make chicken! My family loved it. Very flavorful and impressive presentation! Thanks for sharing.
Always looking for different chicken recipes here to try, and this one was different, flavorful, and enjoyable.. I did use premade pastry shells, because I really am not an expert on making them from scratch. Other than that recipe made as posted, and really enjoyed these as they made for a great dinner, and asked by all to make again in the future. Thanks for this great recipe. Made for Holiday Tag..
This is very tastey and a fancy presentation. I made as is using a mozzarella cheese spread. I made the chicken up a couple hours ahead of time so it was quick to get in the oven and on the table. Made for Make My Recipe, Aus/NZ Tag.