Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is from the back of the box of Pepperidge Farms Puff Pastry. Cook time includes thaw time.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 0.5 (17 1/3 ounce) packagepepperidge farm puff pastry sheets (1 sheet)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 (4 ounce) containeralouette garlic & herb spreadable cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in skillet and add chicken and cook until browned. Remove chicken. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 minutes. Mix egg and water, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14" square and cut into 4 (7") square.
- Spread about 2 tbsp of cheese spread in center of each square.
- Sprinkle with 1 tbsp parsley and top with cooled chicken.
- Brush edges of squares with egg mixture. Fold each corner to center on top of chicken and seal edges.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet. Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.
We all loved it! Very tasty.
I loved it. Have made it twice in the last month. Thanks