Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Flavor Galore!! Wonderfully seasoned chicken fingers to be enjoyed. This recipe came from my cousin, Susan, who submitted this recipe for our family fundraiser cookbook. Easy to prepare!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 11/10/10 as part of mine and SO's dinner. After reading over the recipe and noticing the pancake batter I was thinking, "Well why not give it a shot ?". I followed the recipe as it was written,even frying it in a skillet :).But the oil must not have not been hot enough, because the coating kept falling off. But as far as the taste of the chicken, it wasn't too bad at all. Very moist, tender, and flavorful. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, cut in strips
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken breasts into small strips. In a wide shallow bowl combine pancake mix, salt, dry mustard and herbs.
- Stir hot pepper sauce into milk. Add to dry mixture and stir until smooth. (If too thick, stir in one or two tablespoons more milk, but you will want it fairly thick to coat chicken.).
- Dip chicken pieces into batter. Drop in vegetable oil heated to 340 to 350 degrees on a frying thermometer. (Chicken fingers may be dropped into hot oil 1/2 inch deep in a skillet.) Fry about 5 minutes, turning once, until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Note: Do not crowd when frying. Fry only a few pieces at a time.