Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Oven fryed chicken. I found this in Taste Of Home Quick Cooking 2005. My future hubby and I really liked this chicken. When I made this coating/chicken I only made half a batch of coating, I used chicken quarters and I didn't remove the skin. I cooked my chicken for 1 hour. When I took the chicken out of the oven I spooned some of the chicken juice over the chicken and returned it to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 3 lbs broiler or 3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skin removed
- In a small bowl, combine the flour and seasonings. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 moths.
- To Prepare Chicken: Place 1 1/4 cups coating mix in a large resealable plastic bag. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and butter. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, then place in bag; seal and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Bake uncovered, at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.