Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Easy to throw together on a busy day.
Top Review by carol1334
Prepared this exactly as written. It was wonderful! I froze half of it after it was baked. Spritzed a little extra wine on it and reheated and served. Just as good as the first time. Thanks for sharing. I will make this often.
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 3⁄4 cup sauterne or 3⁄4 cup other white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 2 (3 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the rice according to package directions.
- Spoon the rice into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Arrange the chicken over the top of the rice.
- Put the sauterne (or other white wine) and the soup in a skillet and over medium heat, stir until blended.
- Add the butter, celery, mushrooms and pimiento.
- Cook until the butter is melted, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken.
- Bake, covered, at 350º for 25 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes longer or until heated through.