Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This a very inexpensive meal that can be made to serve to your favorite guests.
- 6 chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced green pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chicken breast should be skinned.
- I buy Tyson's frozen chicken breast in a large bag.
- It is economical and I can get three meals for my family of five.
- Take thawed chicken and brown in skillet with margarine.
- Place browned chicken in a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish.
- In same pan that the chicken was browned in, add soup, vermouth, and chicken stock.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Add wate chestnuts, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and thyme.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Once heated, pour soup mixture over chicken and cover with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer.
- Serve over hot rice.
Family favorite. Lost the recipe, and found it here. Kids love it. We use all wine, and no broth.