Recipe by Dine & Dish
The source of this recipe is from the Jan/Feb 2007 issue of Simple and Delicious magazine. This is a very versatile, no fuss recipe that the entire family will enjoy! According to the magazine, this is a recipe that also freezes well.
- 4 (5 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with lemon-pepper.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon each oil and butter for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add lemon juice and mustard to the skillet; whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in broth, herbs, garlic, salt, and remaining oil and butter; simmer for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken.