Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great low cal way to get a nice piece of chicken with a super sauce! Quick to do on the stove for dinner in a hurry.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt, at room temperature
- In a large skillet, combine broth, dill, onion and garlic powders.
- Add chicken.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken to serving platter and keep warm.
- Continue cooking remaining liquid in skillet until reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Stir in tomato sauce and paprika.
- Heat until hot.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Spoon sauce over chicken.
My family had mixed feeling on this. I liked it but the rest of the family didn't. I followed the recipe as written other then I used sour cream instead of yogurt as that is all I had.
Had some chicken breasts in the fridge, family and I didn't want stir-fried again (with siy sauce and whatever veggies), hence I searched Recipezaar for a a new way of cooking them. This dish is sooo good - I served this with pasta (regular for us, GF for eldest daughter) - DH, all 3 kids and I had seconds. I didn't use onion powder at tll (didn't have any, added some more garlic)and I added some corn starch after sauce was simmering for a while - the smell from the kitchen was mouthwatering and we just couldn't wait anymore for the sauce to further reduce. Will definitely make again - Thanks!
Really enjoyed this, all though after reducing the sauce, I found it too salty, so next time I will use 1/2c broth 1/2c water. Otherwise, the entire family loved it - which can sometimes be a tough feat!!