Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sounds fancy, right??? But it is soooo incredibly easy! Just a few simple steps make it look like you slaved all day!
- 1 (35 ounce) package puff pastry
- 16 tablespoons herb cheese spread
- 8 asparagus spears (optional)
- 8 chicken breast tenders
- 1⁄8 cup butter, melted
- 8 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- Defrost puff pastry in fridge according to box instructions. Let sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour before beginning recipe. Defrost chicken tenders. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out sheet of puff pastry on cutting board. Slice each sheet into four equal squares, making eight squares altogether.
- Lay tenders diagonally across each square. Spoon two tablespoons cheese spread on top of each tender.
- Cut each stalk of asparagus in half and lay two halves on top of each tender.
- Fold two opposite corners of pastry over chicken, asparagus, and cheese, sort of like pigs in a blanket. Chicken should be exposed at each end.
- Lay on greased cookie sheet (use parchment if you like), spacing by at least one inch. Use pastry brush to coat tops with butter. Sprinkle delicately with parmesan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked. Optional: broil for a minute or two to make pastry even crisper.