Recipe by looneytunesfan
A great crockpot dish to prepare when you will be having a hectic day and want a satisfying dinner when you get home.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) broiler or 1 (3 -4 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skin removed
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons additional chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a slow cooker. Top with tomatoes, onion and garlic.
- Combine broth, wine or additional broth, bay leaf, salt, thyme and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add broccoli; cook 45-60 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear and the broccoli is tender.
- Discard bay leaf. Thicken pan juices if desired.
- Serve over rice.