Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A delicious and very easy family dinner one-dish meal.
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup sliced celery
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, oregano, thyme, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Add the chicken pieces and turn to coat; cover and marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Add rice to a 13x9 inch baking dish that has been coated lightly with non-stick cooking spray; spread rice out evenly.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a saucepan.
- Pour stock over the rice and stir.
- Sprinkle the onions, zucchini, and celery over the rice.
- Add the chicken pieces and marinade on top of the vegetables.
- Cover and bake in a 350° oven for 1 hour.
- Uncover and bake about 15 minutes more or until the chicken is not pink in the middle and the vegetables and rice are tender.