Recipe by Jazzy'sNamma
Another from the Famous Brand Name Recipes book. Simple, good and a complete meal.
Top Review by Terri Newell
We enjoyed this dish, although I found it quite salty. I used drumsticks [skin off] and had to cook for about one hour. I worried about things drying out at such a high heat, and uncovered, but the meat was very tender. The sauce formed a sort of caramelized glaze over the veggies. And be forewarned...the pan was a little difficult to clean!
- 2 medium potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 chicken pieces, bone-in and your choice of pieces
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopelipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In broiler pan without the rack, place potatoes and carrots; arrange chicken on top.
- Pour soup mix blended with water and oil, over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, juices run clear and vegetables are tender.