Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Another one from my stash that I wanted to save. Originally came from Southern Living 2002. I think you could use a rotisserie chicken to save time.
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens, cut up
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packagequick-cooking wild rice mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- If using the whole, uncooked chicken, place in a slightly greased roasting pan and bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove chicken and discard drippings.
- Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a large skillet and saute the mushrooms and bell pepper until tender.
- Add the chicken broth, rice mix and thyme. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream of mushroom soup and the water chestnuts.
- Pour into roasting pan and top with the chicken.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.