Recipe by Shannon 24
This fuss free dinner is ideal for casual entertaining. Rent some videos or play board games and you have the perfect evening!
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Disappointed. I thought it was very bland. Just not what I'd hoped, wish I could think of what was missing for me. Maybe I'm not as much a fan of mushrooms as I thought I was and there were too many of them...
- 5 cups assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced (such as shiitake, button, cromini and oyster)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried tomatoe, pieces (not oil packed)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs or 3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked pasta or 4 1⁄2 cups rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker combine mushrooms, onion, carrot and dried tomato pieces. Pour chicken broth and wine over all. Sprinkle with tapioca, thyme, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces on vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3 1/2-4 hours. To serve, arrange chicken and vegetables over pasta or rice, spoon over juices.