Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This fuss free dinner is ideal for casual entertaining. Rent some videos or play board games and you have the perfect evening!
- 5 cups assorted fresh mushrooms, sliced (such as shiitake, button, cromini and oyster)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried tomatoe, pieces (not oil packed)
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs or 3 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked pasta or 4 1⁄2 cups rice
- In a slow cooker combine mushrooms, onion, carrot and dried tomato pieces. Pour chicken broth and wine over all. Sprinkle with tapioca, thyme, basil, garlic salt and pepper. Place chicken pieces on vegetables in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3 1/2-4 hours. To serve, arrange chicken and vegetables over pasta or rice, spoon over juices.
Disappointed. I thought it was very bland. Just not what I'd hoped, wish I could think of what was missing for me. Maybe I'm not as much a fan of mushrooms as I thought I was and there were too many of them...
Tagged in Spring '08 PAC. This is a real timesaver and tastes great! I only used a 12 oz package of button mushrooms bcz my DH hates mushrooms. Didn't use the dried tomatoes (forgot to buy them) or the tapioca. I used a whole (frozen) 4 lb chicken, put the seasonings over the chicken and let cook on high for 8-9 hours. Everyone loved it! I used the leftover broth and chicken parts to make chicken broth overnight on low. Very rich. Thanks so much Shannon!