Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An interesting sandwich served with tossed salad will be an easy summer lunch or supper. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (June 2004)
- 1 lb chicken cutlet
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons thyme, chopped, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 sandwich buns
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch arugula
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon thyme.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and saute for 2-5 minutes per side or until golden. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil (4 tablespoons) to skillet, add garlic and stir over medium heat for 15 seconds. Add vinegar and remaining thyme (1/2 tablespoon) and cook 15 more seconds.
- Return chicken to skillet and toss until heated through (1 minute).
- Split sandwich rolls and arrange on 4 individual plates. Top each sandwich bottom half with chicken, onion and arugula and then drizzle with sauce from skillet, top with remaining sandwich top half.
Awesome, I was sick so my husband mad it. (and did a good job) Thanks for a great recipe. sorry for taking to long to rate it. Leanne