Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Fast and easy dish! Goes great served with potato and green bean salad.
- 1 lb thin chicken cutlet
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme, divided
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 slices olive bread (1/3-to 1/2-inch-thick) or 4 crusty sandwich buns
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch arugula
- Sprinkle chicken on both sides with salt and pepper, then 1 tablespoon thyme.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until golden and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Add remaining 4 tbsp oil and garlic to skillet; stir over medium heat 15 seconds, scraping up browned bits.
- Return chicken to skillet and toss until heated through, about 1 minmute.
- Arrange 1 bread slice on each of 4 plates. Top with chicken, onion, and arugula, then drizzle with vinaigrette from skillet. Top with remaining bread.