- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup Sprite
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced thin
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, mix the soup, Sprite, thyme, and butter into a sauce and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish and pour the sauce over it.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, until tender.
- Before serving add the water chestnuts, mushrooms and green peppers.
- Cook again only until these last ingredients are heated thoroughly.