1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is a tasty chicken recipes, serve it with scalloped potatoes and peas, fresh rolls. I found this on a recipe site about 3 years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Place rack in center of oven.
- 3Spray a shallow roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- 4Remove neck and giblets, and rinse chicken well.
- 5Sprinkle skin with salt and freshly ground pepper, rubbing additional seasoning inside cavity.
- 6In a small bowl, mix together rosemary, thyme, lemon zest and garlic.
- 7Using your fingers, loosen the skin and spread fresh herb mixture directly onto the breast meat.
- 8Sprinkle any remaining herb mixture onto skin.
- 9Place the chicken, breast side up, in the prepared pan. Brush with melted butter.
- 10Roast 50 to 70 minutes for a 3 to 4 lb. chicken.
- 11To test for doneness, insert an instant-read thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh, away from the bone.
- 12The juices should run clear and the thermometer should read 170 to 175 degrees. Remove chicken from oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 554.3
- Calories from Fat 391
- Total Fat 43.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 183.3 mg
- Sodium 211.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 37.8 g