Recipe by BecR
These festive pinwheel appetizers are perfect for the holidays, or anytime! Very popular with my family and guests---everyone really loves the great flavor combo of tangy chèvre cheese (or feta), sweet-tart cranberries, green onions, walnuts (or pistachios), and herbs. Easily made in advance, and I have frozen the logs (before slicing) with great results. Note: If you can't find chevre cheese, crumbled feta is equally good. A slight modification of recipe 146700-- thanks Wildflour!
Top Review by Mudflower
This filling is wonderful. The goat cheese flavor is not too strong, but you can definitely taste it. I did not make it with the tortillas, but instead made some simple table water crackers and served it with those. A classier appetizer that is very easy (Except for the cutting, my 4 year old could have made it, really).
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, very well softened
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) packagechevre herbed goat cheese (equally good with crumbled feta or plain chevre, with a pinch of Herbes de Provence or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 6 ounces dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup unsalted pistachios
- 4 large flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, chèvre cheese (or feta), a pinch of Herbes de Provence (if using), green onions, dried cranberries and chopped walnuts (or unsalted pistachios).
- Evenly spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each tortilla, all the way to the edges.
- Roll up tightly, being careful not to tear.
- Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Slice to serve. Makes about 32 appetizers.