1/3 Photos of Herbed Chevre, Craisin and Walnut Pinwheels
These festive pinwheel appetizers are perfect for the holidays, or anytime! Very popular with my family and guests---everyone really loves the great flavor combo of tangy chèvre cheese (or feta), sweet-tart cranberries, green onions, walnuts (or pistachios), and herbs. Easily made in advance, and I have frozen the logs (before slicing) with great results. Note: If you can't find chevre cheese, crumbled feta is equally good. A slight modification of recipe 146700-- thanks Wildflour!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, very well softened
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) package chevre herbed goat cheese (equally good with crumbled feta or plain chevre, with a pinch of Herbes de Provence or to taste)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion
- 6 ounces dried sweetened cranberries (Craisins)
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or 3/4 cup unsalted pistachios
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 1In medium bowl, combine softened cream cheese, chèvre cheese (or feta), a pinch of Herbes de Provence (if using), green onions, dried cranberries and chopped walnuts (or unsalted pistachios).
- 2Evenly spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each tortilla, all the way to the edges.
- 3Roll up tightly, being careful not to tear.
- 4Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- 5Slice to serve. Makes about 32 appetizers.
Browse Our Top Brunch Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Chevre, Craisin and Walnut Pinwheels
Serving Size: 1 (1218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.8
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.6 mg
- Sodium 136.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herbed goat cheese