Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
A different twist on the traditional cheeseburger- a blend of cheddar and reduced-fat cream cheese is tucked into the middle of each seasoned beef patty before it's grilled!* Instead of the cheddar, you may use the same amount of Jarlsberg,Gouda, or Gruyere.Originally from a cookbook advertisement- forget which one!
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced, including tops
- 3 tablespoons plain dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 4 slices red onions, thin slices
- 4 slices fresh tomatoes
- 4 leaves lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine the cheddar, cream cheese,parsley, and 1 t. of the mustard; set aside.
- Preheat the grill to medium.Coat the grill with a light spray of cooking spray before preheating.
- Mix the ground beef,green onions,bread crumbs,catsup,salt,rosemary,sage,and the remaining 2 t. of mustard in a large bowl until blended.
- Shape the beef mixture into 4 balls.
- Divide the reserved cheese mixture into fourths.
- Push one-fourth of the cheese mixture into the center of each ball by making an indentation in each hamburger ball and pressing the cheese mixture into the center. Bring the meat together over the cheese and pat it into an even layer to seal in the cheese. Flatten each ball into a burger shape.
- Grill the burgers, covered, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Grill the rolls, cut side down, for 30 seconds to lightly toast.
- Place the rolls on four plates, top with the burgers, sliced onion, tomato slices, and lettuce leaves and serve.