1/1 Photo of Herbed Cheese Tortellini Topped With Bruschetta
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I discovered this amazing recipe when I was making some tortellini and realised that I did not have all of the ingredients for my marinara sauce! So I decided to forgo the toasted sourdough topped with bruschetta for my appetizer and instead used the bruschetta to top my herbed cheese tortellini. It came out better than my marinara ever could! The flavors were wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs roma tomatoes
- 1/2 of a fresh white onion
- 4 -6 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
Herbed Cheese Filling
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 2 large egg yolks
- salt and pepper
- pasta dough
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Let's make the Bruschetta topping first since it can sit for the longest,.
- 2First dice the tomatoes into 1/4 inch sized pieces without mashing them up and put them in a large bowl.
- 3Next finely chop the onion and add that to the bowl also.
- 4Mince the garlic and toss that into your bowl.
- 5Then chop 4-6 leaves of the basil and add that to the bowl.
- 6Toss in your Olive Oil, Salt and Pepper and mix them together thoroughly.
- 7Finely cover and place in the refrigerator until you drop your tortellin into the water *The bruschetta should be around room temperature when you put it on top of the tortellini*.
- 8Next let's prepare the Herbed Cheese Filling;.
- 9First place all your ingredients together in a medium sized bowl and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- 10Then cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 11Now let us prepare the Pasta Dough;.
- 12First mix your Flour, Egg Yolks, Salt, and Olive Oil together in a large bowl until the mix forms a ball.
- 13Then place your dough on a lightly floured surface and kneed for about 10 minutes.
- 14Tightly wrap your dough with plastic wrap and let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- 15Cut the dough in half and re-wrap one half until finished with the first *then repeat from this step for the 2nd half of the dough*.
- 16Flatten the dough into a rectangle until it is able to fit into your pasta maker and run it through gradually decreasing the thickness until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- 17Then cut the dough into 3 inch squares.
- 18Now make the egg wash with the egg whites from the filling and about 1Tbsp of water then brush on each tortellini.
- 19Place about 1Tbsp of Herbed Cheese Filling on each tortellini and fold together ensuring to get all of the air out from between the pasta.
- 20Now the finishing touches on the meal;.
- 21Boil a large pot of salted water on the stove and add about 12-24 tortellini to the pot.
- 22Boil the tortellini for about 4 minutes and then drain and arrange them on your plate.
- 23Next top each tortellini with some Bruschetta.
- 24Finally garnish with a little sprig of fresh Rosemary and top with a sprinkle of Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ravioli/Tortellini Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Herbed Cheese Tortellini Topped With Bruschetta
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1731.2
- Calories from Fat 908
- Total Fat 100.9 g
- Saturated Fat 39.0 g
- Cholesterol 631.3 mg
- Sodium 2447.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 128.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 78.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: