Recipe by Julie F
This was an April, 2009 BH&G Prize Tested Recipes $400 winner, submitted by Margee Berry. It would be a great meal when paired with a nice salad.
Top Review by bestbaker
I love salmon and have tried a LOT of salmon recipes but I have to say this one is the best by far. I omitted the step of breading it with the nuts (don't care for breaded fish) and stuffed it with herbed cream cheese and Philly Cooking Creme(the garlic and herb flavor) and it was sooooo delicious..literally melted in my mouth. This one is definately a keeper! Thanks.
- 6 (6 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless
- 1 lemon
- 5 1⁄4 ounces spreadable cheese with garlic and herbs
- sea salt
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (about 1 1/2 slices)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded (1/1/2 oz)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry. Preheat oven to 425.
- Finely shred enough peel from lemon to make 2 teaspoons; cut lemon in wedges and set aside.
- In small bowl combine semisoft cheese and lemon peel.
- In top of each fillet, from about 1/2 inch from one end, cut a pocket, taking care not to cut all the way through the fish. (If the fish is thin, cut into the fish at an angle).
- Spoon cheese mixture into pockets. Season fish with salt Place in baking pan and set aside.
- In small bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, butter and pine nuts; sprinkle over fillets, pressing lightly.
- Bake, uncovered, about 14 minutes or until salmon flakes when tested with a fork. Serve with lemon wedges.