Top Review by SarasotaCook
Made this for the French Forum Herb of the Month, Rosemary 2010. Great little appetizers, snacks. Easy and quick. This would be great with soup. I just made them as a snack for a friend and of course tried a couple. Really nice. I also grated some cheese right over the top for baking. Thx, Kim
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 40 g cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, herbs and chili powder.
- In another bowl combine milk and 2 tbs of oil. Add to the dry ingredients and mix into a dough. If it is too dry add the 3rd tbs of oil.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead into a soft dough.
- Either pat it down into a rectangle or roll it out. It should be about 1 cm/0.5 inches thick.
- Spread with the cheese and roll up starting on the longer end.
- Slice into 10 slices and place on a paper-lined baking sheet. Pat down gently.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200°C/400°F for about 15 minutes.