Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Great for brunch or supper.
Top Review by Sandra Hyde
I really enjoy eggs, and this recipe has been added to my list of breakfast foods (and luncheon foods, and quick snacks). It only took about 25 minutes in total to make, and is so enjoyable with tiny hash browns. I also tried adding a pinch of oregano for a slight difference. Very good also. Thanks for posting this.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried dill
- 8 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add parsley flakes and next 4 ingredients, mixing well.
- Combine eggs, water, and 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper; stir with a wire whisk until blended.
- Heat a 10-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until hot enough to sizzle a drop of water.
- Add olive oil and butter, and rotate pan to coat bottom.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- As mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture in center, and fold sides over filling.
- Sprinkle with green onions, and serve immediately.