Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Fabulous, easy fingerfood for your next elegant gathering. If you don't have a madeleine pan, you can subsitute a miniature muffin pan.
Top Review by 2Bleu
I really enjoyed these little cheese puffs and they are very simple to throw together as dinner rolls or appetizers. They did stick somewhat to the mini muffin pan (I reduced the recipe to 1 dozen) but I used spray butter so it may have been the reason. I also sprinkled the tops with garlic powder and paprika, and although I loved them thru out, Buddha said he only liked the tops. I think this would work great with cheddar also. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, cooled
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2⁄3 cup shredded Fontina cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Brush 3 madeleine pans with 1 T. butter.
- Whisk milk, remaining 4 T. butter, and the egg in medium bowl. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into milk mixture. Spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake until edges are browned and crisp, 7-10 minutes. Serve warm.