Prep 5 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This recipe comes from Paula Deen. Flavor delish and very easy to make. great cracker to accompany simple football game days.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) boxes cheese crackers (recommend Ritz Cheese Bits, not peanut butter flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (1 ounce) package salad dressing mix (recommend Hidden Valley Original Ranch)
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- Place the crackers in a large sealable freezer container.
- In a bowl, mix the oil, salad dressing mix, dill, garlic powder, and celery salt.
- Pour this mixture over the crackers, cover the container, and invert it to coat the crackers with seasoning.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning the container every so often to keep the crackers coated.
- Let the mixture come to room temperature before serving.
- Store in the covered container in refrigerator.
I've been making these for several years now since watching Paula make them on her show. Great snack for movie or game night, but also great to set out on the table at BBQ's and potlucks.
Thanks for posting...I don't have to go searching for my copy. Made these for the family reunion last summer. One of the cousins parked by the bowl all afternoon. Using the cheese sandwich crackers improves this "going around" recipe. Will be taking these to a Halloweeen party this weekend.