Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In small skillet, saute onion, garlic and parsley in oil until soft.
- Add onion mixture to ground beef along with marjoram, basil and lemon juice.
- Mix well and form into 8 patties.
- Charcoal over medium-high heat to desired degree of doneness.