Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb cauliflower floret
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cauliflower in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 4-5 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauti onions, celery and mushrooms 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except cauliflower and breadcrumbs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer another 2 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly oiled baking dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs and bake 15 minutes.
I did not steam the cauliflower but left it in the oven for 20 minutes, cut the recipe in half except for the mushrooms, onions & celery and I added 1 clove of garlic. Very tasty.
YUM! This tasted a little bit like stuffing. So good! I made the recipe almost as directed, but I used a bit more cauliflower, and chicken broth instead of vegetable. I used whole wheat breadcrumbs. Thanks Dancer^!
We loved it, nice change to usual steamed cauliflower. I too did not bother steaming the cauliflower first as we do like it tender crisp and did cook it for about 25 minutes. Had some fennel and green pepper to use up , so added them to the celery, mushrooms and onion, also added a little more stock, I used homemade chicken stock. I used veggie spray instead of butter to saute the veggies. I like that the recipe can be versitile enough to use what is on hand and still be delicious. Thanks for posting Dancer^, I will be using this again!!