Recipe by justcallmetoni
Looking for new ways to enjoy my vegetables without adding a lot of calories, I came upon this lovely side. Lemon gives these a nice zip the basil a sweet herbal note. add a nice touch, they remain soft enough to pair this with lots of dishes. For a 0 point, I've also made this with Butter Buds.
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 236.59 ml zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 0.59 ml onion powder or 0.59 ml garlic powder
- 4.92-9.85 ml butter (I use the light stuff myself )
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by bringing water in a large pot to boil; reduce to a bubbling simmer.
- Place carrots in a steamer basket above the water, cover and steam for 3-5 minutes. You should be able to pierce the carrots with a fork but experience some resistance.
- Place the zucchini over the carrots; recover and steam an additional 3-5 minutes until you reach the desired doneness.
- Place the vegetables into a serving bowl and top with the butter, lemon juice, basil and garlic podwer. Toss until the flavors are well mixed.
- Serve immediately.