Recipe by justcallmetoni
Looking for new ways to enjoy my vegetables without adding a lot of calories, I came upon this lovely side. Lemon gives these a nice zip the basil a sweet herbal note. add a nice touch, they remain soft enough to pair this with lots of dishes. For a 0 point, I've also made this with Butter Buds.
- 1 cup carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter (I use the light stuff myself )
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by bringing water in a large pot to boil; reduce to a bubbling simmer.
- Place carrots in a steamer basket above the water, cover and steam for 3-5 minutes. You should be able to pierce the carrots with a fork but experience some resistance.
- Place the zucchini over the carrots; recover and steam an additional 3-5 minutes until you reach the desired doneness.
- Place the vegetables into a serving bowl and top with the butter, lemon juice, basil and garlic podwer. Toss until the flavors are well mixed.
- Serve immediately.