Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another simple side dish for cabbage lovers.
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups shredded cabbage (approx 1/2 small head)
- 1 cup shredded carrot (approx 3 medium)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- In large skillet saute onions in butter until clear, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage, carrots and salt.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Stir in oregano just before serving.
I'm still debating about adding a different spice other than oregano. Certainly a good way to use up cabbage.