Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
This is a very popular dish with my family for potlucks. It goes with pretty much ANYTHING. I like using this as the carbs dish in a BBQ or party at home. Just cos it is so easy to prepare and so delicious. Cooking time includes time in the rice cooker, which might vary from rice cooker to rice cooker.
- 2 cups long grain rice, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 lemongrass, smashed
- 2 pandan leaves, shredded and knotted
- 50 g celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 5 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (limau purut)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon sugar, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (Nampla)
- 1 dash pepper
- chopped spring onion
- chopped coriander
- toasted peanuts
- Heat butter or margarine and oil in a wok.
- Fry garlic and onions.
- Add lemon grass and pandan leaves.
- Stir in rice, celery and seasoning.
- Mix well to combine.
- Dish rice into an electric rice cooker.
- Cook rice as usual.
- When rice is almost cooked and dry, add all the raisins.
- Stir well to mix.
- Stand rice in cooker for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Dish up rice and mix in kaffir lime leaves.
- Divide rice into equal portions and serve on plates.