Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
The thyme, rosemary and sage are a delicious combination in this basted chicken. The recipe calls for dried herbs but I have subbed in fresh with equally amazing results.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) whole chickens, cut into 8 pieces
- Heat grill.
- In small bowl, combine butter, thyme, sage, rosemary and garlic powder; mix well.
- Place chicken, skin side down, on grill over low heat.
- Cook 45 to 60 minutes or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear, turning once and brushing frequently with basting butter.
- Discard any remaining butter.