Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
We make our burger patties from scratch rather than buying the pre-made supermarket variety, as they're too salty for me. This recipe ramps up the flavour by trading the salt for a variety of either fresh or dried herbs instead. These are good on turkish breadrolls or ciabatta rolls with salad of your choice.
- Freeze the butter.
- Separate out the beef in a mixing bowl so it's grainy.
- Combine all herbs in a second bowl.
- Grate the frozen butter into the beef.
- Mix in herbs, and combine all ingredients loosely.
- Shape mixture into 4 large round pattiess 1cm thick. Make a depression in the centre of each.
- Grill patties 7-10 minutes (depending on how well-done you like your burger!).
I made 2 (4-5 oz) burgers and used the same amount of herbs as ask for. I did add salt and pepper for us. The burgers were yummy, moist and juicy. with the herbs adding a fresh taste.
This recipe is one that proves that "low salt diet" does not mean "bland": or :"tasteless". The butter keeps the inside of the patty moist, and the herbs make it yummy! I did make a change, though. I used a pound of ground beef (about 450 grams) to make my 4 patties, instead of 300 g, and scaled the other ingredients to match. Thanks, Jenny!