Recipe by JennyMidget
We make our burger patties from scratch rather than buying the pre-made supermarket variety, as they're too salty for me. This recipe ramps up the flavour by trading the salt for a variety of either fresh or dried herbs instead. These are good on turkish breadrolls or ciabatta rolls with salad of your choice.
Top Review by Annacia
I made 2 (4-5 oz) burgers and used the same amount of herbs as ask for. I did add salt and pepper for us. The burgers were yummy, moist and juicy. with the herbs adding a fresh taste.
- 300 g minced beef
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh sage, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh oregano, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Freeze the butter.
- Separate out the beef in a mixing bowl so it's grainy.
- Combine all herbs in a second bowl.
- Grate the frozen butter into the beef.
- Mix in herbs, and combine all ingredients loosely.
- Shape mixture into 4 large round pattiess 1cm thick. Make a depression in the centre of each.
- Grill patties 7-10 minutes (depending on how well-done you like your burger!).