Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is super simple recipe, made with minute rice, and is delicious along side grilled salmon and broccoli. Enjoy.
- 1 cup Minute brown rice
- 1⁄4 yellow onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Over medium heat, saute rice and onion in margarine until rice is slightly browned in a non-stick pot.
- Stir in soy sauce, italian seasoning, and chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and bring ingredients to a simmer. Cover and cook for twenty minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
This was a pretty basic rice recipe that you could play around with. My son loves brown rice and I only had minute brown rice on hand so I made this. I added garlic and green pepper and I had beef broth on hand so I used that. I would make it again if I needed a quick side dish.