Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fast and delicious way to prepare broccoli. In a pinch, you could use frozen broccoli although I prefer to use fresh when I can.
- 1 lb broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Cook broccoli in 1" of boiling water.
- (I used the stems, too.) Boil about 6 minutes until crisp tender; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet over med heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat about 1 minute, stirring often, until hot.
- Add broccoli and toss gently.
Great tasting and VERY easy to make! I steamed my broccoli in the microwave instead and used rosemary instead of oregano (didn't have any). My 7 year old son even loved it!
Loved this recipe for the taste and ease of making it. I also like to cook fresh broccoli in the microwave because it stays crisp and green in color. In a 2 qt. casserole, add 1/2 cup water and 1/2 tsp. salt. Cover and microwave 8 to 10 minutes for crisp tender.
It was nice but not as special I was hoping for. I would put a lot more herbs in as I didn't taste them that much - still, I love my broccoli so I enjoyed it.