Recipe by MTpockets
I was looking through my cookbooks one night trying to find a new way to make a veggie side dish for dinner. I needed something quick and easy and I came across this. It sounded a little odd but I gave it a try anyway and I absolutely loved this combination of herbs with the broccoli and tomato. If you make it with oil instead of butter, it can also be fat free too. I've left out the tomato and made it with just the broccoli and it was also very good that way. I hope you enjoy it too. ***** If I'm really in a hurry, I've used the frozen broccoli that steams in the bag in the microwave and just mixed the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and combined with broccoli after I've steamed it. Works great and saves time! Recipe is from an old Betty Crocker cookbook.
- 1 lb broccoli, trimmed and cut into flowerets (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (I used butter)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil leaf (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1/4 tsp. dried)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (minced is fine too)
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat 1 inch of water.
- Add broccoli and bring to a boil.
- Boil 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender and drain.
- Set broccoli aside and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, heat oil (or butter) over medium heat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Heat about one minute,stirring frequently until heated through and hot.
- Add broccoli to skillet and toss gently to coat and combine.
- Serve Immediately.