Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 large carrot, peeled, and shredded, about 1/2 cup
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 10 cups French bread, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (approx. 1 1/2 loaves)
- 3 tablespoons mccormick fresh herb blend poultry seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Season All
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mccormick ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter or margarine. Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add wine and cook 2 minutes. Add herbs; sauté 1 minute.
- Place bread cubes in large bowl. Stir in vegetable mixture, broth, Season-All® and pepper. Adjust seasoning as desired; then mix egg into stuffing. Spoon into buttered 13x9x2-inch baking dish; bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes, or until top is crisp and golden.
- *Or try 1 tablespoon each: chopped McCormick® Fresh Sage, McCormick® Fresh Thyme, and McCormick® Fresh Rosemary.