Recipe by NanaD
We love this chicken and make it often. So easy too. Make extra for leftovers. It makes awesome sandwiches the next day.
- 2 chicken legs-thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mashed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry.
- Trim excess fat.
- Loosen skin from thigh and leg by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat.
- Combine rest of ingredients (basil thru pepper),.
- Rub herb mixture under loosened skin.
- Place chicken on a broiler pan.
- Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until thermometer registers 180 degrees.
- Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes.