Prep 10 mins
Cook 16 mins
These are made with refrigerated biscuits, all dressed up with some butter and seasoned with onion, garlic, basil/dillweed, poppy seeds and parmesan cheese. Not gourmet, but sometimes you need something quick and easy!
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, instant minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Pour the melted butter into an 8-inch round cakepan. Sprinkle onion, garlic, basil or dillweed, and poppy seeds evenly over the butter. Set aside.
- Place the Parmesan cheese in a large heavy duty, zip-lock plastic bag. Cut each biscuit into 4 pices; add the biscuit pieces to the bag and shake them to coat.
- Arrange the coated biscuit pieces in the prepared pan; I like to turn mine over a bit so all sides have a little bit of the seasoning. Sprinkle with any remaining Parmesan cheese from the zip-lock bag.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
Wow these are addictive! Ok breezermom I will agree with you they not gourmet. But when turned out on a plate they look as yummy as they taste. Also loved how quick can easy they are to make. Made using the dill option and 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese. Will definitely be making again. Thanks so much for the post.
These little guys are delicious...I used a 7.5 can that has 10 biscuits in it...I used an 8 inch cast iron skillet to cook mine in...came out perfect...I also made them into balls...my herb of choice was dill so next time I'm going to use the basil...made for FYC tag game...
Great recipe. Everyone thought they were really tasty. Thanks for posting.